Capital Markets Regulatory CounselApply now
Capital Markets Regulatory Counsel
- 13th month + holiday allowance
- 20 + 12 holidays
- Hospitalization and group insurance
- Bonus program
- Training & learning opportunities
- Green mobility program
- Flexible rewards program
The ORC Team is seeking to appoint a senior counsel to act as Global Industry Legal Counsel for the Capital Markets area, supporting Accenture’s Capital Markets Industry with a particular focus on the EU and UK Regions. In-house and private practice candidates will all be considered, but experience of working with international teams in support of a global business is a pre-requisite, and candidates with deep industry experience will be strongly preferred.
Our Accenture Capital Markets business helps residential and commercial mortgage lenders and loan servicers restructure and consolidate operations to address changing market conditions and new regulations. We focus on:
- Corporate Banking – for work in the corporate banking space, including cash management & payments, lending and trade finance.
- Trading & Investment Banking – for work in the investment banking space including operating model, digital business transformation and trading platform implementation, upgrade and application outsourcing work.
- Technology based solutions – including Cloud and digital platforms in the capital markets area
- Post Trade Outsourcing – global focus on post trade processing, including exchanges, settlement and custody activities
- General Capital Markets Issues – this includes the broad areas of custody, asset management, settlement finality, securities, equities and exchanges.
You will act as a trusted adviser to the Capital Markets industry team, working to help analyse, advise, manage and mitigate regulatory risks, collaborating with senior stakeholders across the Business, Legal and other Corporate Functions to:
- Undertake regulatory risk analysis and advising stakeholders across Accenture in order to protect client sales and delivery and mitigate risk within existing, new, strategic priority & higher risk offerings and services in the Capital Markets area in collaboration with all relevant parts of Accenture, including for example Government Relations, Global Legal Services, Responsible Business, Litigation (as needed) to support the sustainable growth of the Capital Markets Industry and the sales of their services
- Help evaluate prospective acquisition targets from a regulatory perspective on behalf of the Capital Markets Industry, and work with them to support post-merger integration strategies.
- Organize and direct the work of the ORC Team so as: to understand and manage regulatory risk in relation to as many market offerings as possible; participate in the offering development early on so as to make them compliant by design with a focus on early intervention and proactive shaping of solutions. Effectively you will be the subject matter expert to the business unit and other staff regarding compliance topics, developments, processes, and offering development life cycle – also working closely with Compliance to maintain its compliance programs.
- Be responsible for developing actionable solutions and practical tools / recommendations / guidelines and trainings. That would include working with the internal compliance team to manage, and maintain a legal/compliance library and assist to monitor laws that includes, but not limited to MiFID, EMIR, SFTs, NFTs, CCPs, financial markets policy, securities, custody and settlement primarily across the EU, Switzerland and UK but with some knowledge of the US markets.
- Manage external counsel and external counsel budget.
- JD degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an attorney providing services to the financial services industry (consumer & commercial lending).
- Admitted to the bar) or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law
- Experience of relevant attorney work
- Strong commercial, technology, IP and data privacy experience and broad legal knowledge (e.g. spanning employment, litigation, corporate law and governance)
- Strong writing and negotiation skills
- Good executive presence and the ability to work effectively with the senior business leaders at Accenture, partners from law firms
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.