Junior Business DesignerApply now
Junior Business Designer
- 13th month + holiday allowance
- 20 + 12 holidays
- Hospitalization and group insurance
- Bonus program
- Training & learning opportunities
- Green mobility program
- Flexible rewards program
When you hear “your strategy needs a soul”, you instantly get goosebumps. You have the heart of a designer and the mind of a Big 5 strategy consultant.
Our Business Designers are integral to any design project. We solve and reframe business problems using a design mindset. We cut through the noise and clearly pinpoint where the actual problems and opportunities between the human experience, business and technology lie. Our perspectives challenge existing beliefs and trigger companies to change forward.
New growth opportunities, business models, products, services, platforms, and ventures – and how to make them fly – is what we’re passionate about. We mix several languages at once (human, operational, technical, and financial) to find the best path to achieve the greatest impact.
- First things first: you’re a nice human being.
- You’re a sharp, curious, and critical thinker.
- You help the design and wider project team with research to understand user and client needs.
- You dive deep into a wide range of research materials: customer, competitor, annual reports, ESG reports, trends & foresight, ecosystem, regulations, etc. to build a holistic point of view on potential opportunity areas or white spaces.
- You co-shape strategic directions and propositions using the most impactful and latest frameworks and methodologies.
- You co-evaluate new propositions from a business perspective (i.e. viability, feasibility, sustainability, scalability, strategy-fit, potential road blockers, etc.)
- You prepare, co-facilitate, and co-synthesize ideation and co-creation sessions.
- You help design business model variations and identify the riskiest assumptions that are worth testing.
- You help set up experiments and create prototypes to test the identified assumptions (e.g. willingness to pay) and you’re able to draw solid conclusions.
- You use numbers and metrics throughout the process, with the aim to make the work more impactful, e.g. quantifying the market potential of a new idea.
- You’re able to co-develop high-level business cases for our clients, giving the entire team the confidence to move forward if the proposition is worth pursuing. E.g. quantifying revenue, cost, profitability and required investment levels.
- You’re able to co-shape a roadmap for how to move from idea to scaled solution with adoption and traction.
- You’re able to apply all the above skills in a venturing-context.
- You’re interested in building and enabling the organization behind a new proposition or venture.
- You communicate insightful and fresh messages to our clients and colleagues, and you co-facilitate communications across disciplines to create alignment.
- You help on thought leadership, global and local, e.g. Fjord Trends.
- You have experience with Excel and/or other analysis tools, PowerPoint, Keynote and/or software for presentation purposes.
- You can make yourself familiar with Sketch, Figma, InVision, Adobe suite or other prototyping methods. You can learn new tools in real time.
- Bachelor/master’s degree in business or related disciplines
- 1-3 years relevant professional experience
- Preferred background: Innovation Consulting, Digital Agency (Strategy), Design Studio (Strategic/Business Design), Start-Up/Accelerators, In-house innovation teams
- Solid business acumen with a sharp strategic mindset, and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interest or experience in Design Thinking, Service Design and Product Design methodologies
- Interest or experience in relevant business methods, e.g. market analysis, value proposition design, business modelling, business casing, operating model design, etc.
- Interest or experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- English and Dutch and/or French
- You want to make a difference in people’s lives and are convinced that Design and Experience are the key drivers.
- You are open to learning new things and you know that every day, there is so much to be learned.
- You love working in close collaboration with design and innovation teams.
- You are not afraid to initiate and experiment, and you believe that failing is an opportunity for learning.
- You share inspiration and thought leadership with the Design team, the wider Accenture teams, and your clients.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-moving organization.
- You are happy to take responsibility over certain deliverables and are eager to stay involved until the end of a project.
- You are a natural in building bridges with many parts of the Accenture organization.
Accenture Song accelerates growth and value for our clients through sustained customer relevance. Our capabilities span ideation to execution: growth, product and experience design; technology and experience platforms; creative, media and marketing strategy; and campaign, content and channel orchestration. With strong client relationships and deep industry expertise, we help our clients operate at the speed of life through the unlimited potential of imagination, technology and intelligence.
Curious about our clients? Currently we have the pleasure of working together with Albert Heijn, Super 8, CoronaDirect, Kind en Gezin, Portima, Mensura, Thomas More, De Lijn, Exact, etc…
Accenture Song is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant and diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- 13th month + holiday allowance
- 20 + 12 holidays
- Macbook and iPhone/Samsung/Fairphone
- Hospitalization insurance and extensive group insurance package
- Bonus program
- Green mobility program: e-bikes, public transport, bike 2 work allowance,…
- Flexrewards: decide on your rewards package with our flexible benefits tool
- Discount program: get discounts at your favorite (online) shops
- Employee shares purchase plan
- Access to a global (around 300 members) and European (around 150 members) Business Design Community focused on knowledge exchange
- Access to Equinox, Fjord’s annual festival
- Tons of training & learning opportunities, literature, and an overall sharing-your-knowledge culture within the wider creative award winning network of Accenture Song (Fjord, Droga5, Karmarama, Schakleton, Kollerebbe, Rothco, etc.)
- Sweet treats on birthdays and other festivities
- An open kitchen with fresh fruit, great coffee and a stuffed fridge
- A sunny terrace with the best view in Leuven
- Access to our Accenture office in Brussels (Tour & Taxis)
- Flexibility when it comes to remote working
Are you ready to join Accenture Interactive for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Applying for jobs can be both exciting as overwhelming - and we believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit.
What qualifications do you need to apply?
The Accenture young graduates positions welcome all Bachelors & Masters students who are in their final year of studies from any educational background & interested in a career in consultancy. We are looking for open minded people looking to drive real innovation, together with our clients.
How does the application process work?
After we receive your application, you’ll be invited to take our online assessment. If positive, you’ll be invited for an HR interview to discuss all about you so we can find out whether there’s a match with what you’re looking for in a first position. If positive, you’ll be invited for a Meet&Sign day! This is 1 day where you complete all the other steps of the recruitment process: you will participate in a business case in group, manager interview & final interview. If you pass the full day you might go home with a contract offer! These days typically take place beginning of December & March. If you apply after this date you will take the steps individually on different days.
Debora Vanden Broucke
Song & Operations Recruiter