Research ManagerApply now
- 13th month + holiday allowance
- 20 + 12 holidays
- Hospitalization and group insurance
- Bonus program
- Training & learning opportunities
- Green mobility program
- Flexible rewards program
Accenture Research identifies and anticipates game-changing business, market and technology trends through provocative thought leadership. Our 300 researchers partner with world-class organizations to discover innovative solutions for our clients.
Combining the power of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients’ key challenges, researchers span 20 countries and publish hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking trends research—supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations such as MIT and Harvard Business School—guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic value modeling, analytics, crowdsourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners.
Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought-provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. Accenture Research is part of Accenture’s Chief Strategy Officer’s Office.
As a Manager in the Europe Research team, you will have the opportunity to work on
- Thought leadership projects: Develop insightful and provocative perspectives on key topics which matter for the European companies and societies, based in thorough qualitative and quantitative research across a range of methodologies. Our projects are typically large-scale, including researchers with different core skills, internal and external subject matter experts, marketers and key sponsors from the business. At the Manager level, you will oversee und manage workstreams.
The role will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, quantitative skills, business acumen, a client service mindset and above all, a passion for understanding how the relations between companies, policies and the world they operate in are changing. Flexibility, personal drive and an eagerness to learn and apply new skills and knowledge are of paramount importance. Knowledge of key technologies and how their policy context translates into business decisions is a must.
- Drive the development of thought-provoking insights through market analysis and in-depth review of market data and trends
- Draw on both traditional and innovative primary data sources and research methodologies to explore key questions in a logical, structured manner
- We are specifically looking for researchers with experience in leveraging data, to work closely with our data science team in designing innovative analyses
- Skills required include analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting data from multiple sources
- At ease with policies and their business implications
- An expert in secondary information sources and data gathering
- Contribute to articles/blogs/thought pieces through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels
- Research focused on Accenture Business and Accenture’s Clients business (“so what?”) with major and long-lasting impact
- Credible in presenting work and results
- Ability to work on multiple engagement and geographies at any one time. Work is mostly virtual, but with global presence/reach
- Collaborative working style
- Individual contributor role
- No people management responsibilities initially
- A bachelor’s degree in, economics, business, finance, political science or other related areas.
- Advanced degree (MBA or Masters in relevant fields) preferred.
- 8 to 10 years research experience
- 5+ years of work experience preferably in a consulting environment, third party research organization, or an think tank. Intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial attitude
- Experience with data science and visualization and design thinking as well as public speaking
- Worked with a start-up, global / large private corporation or institution, research think tank or recognized research provider
- Presented to senior stakeholders
- Collaborated in a team of researchers, using research tools and methodologies, including on a virtual basis
- Strong grasp of data, with ability to analyze, visualize, and interpret
- An appetite to use data creatively to drive business outcomes
- Able to learn and embrace new sources, tools, and skills, including alternative modes of research delivery/data visualization tools also a plus (e.g., Power BI, Qlik etc.).
- Foundation of core research strategy skills & problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of topics that are important to business leaders when understanding the implications of tech policy
- Interest in data driven storytelling
- Intellectual curiosity
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Clear enthusiasm for research
- Ability to plan and manage time and own workload
- Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately and effectively
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.