Senior Data Privacy Counsel - Ethics & ComplianceApply now
Senior Data Privacy Counsel - Ethics & Compliance
- 13th month + holiday allowance
- 20 + 12 holidays
- Hospitalization and group insurance
- Bonus program
- Training & learning opportunities
- Green mobility program
- Flexible rewards program
The Senior Data Privacy Counsel – Ethics & Compliance is a full-time senior manager role that will be filled by an experienced data privacy professional. The successful candidate must have a data privacy legal background and be able to demonstrate strong experience and interest in the areas of digital and technology. The position will complement Accenture’s global Data Privacy Team, within Accenture’s Legal function, and will report to the Senior Legal Counsel - Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy in our Clients & Contracting tower.
The Senior Data Privacy Counsel is expected to demonstrate leadership behaviors, which include adhering to Accenture’s Core Values (Best People, Stewardship, Integrity, Client Value Creation, Respect for the Individual, and One Global Network). The successful candidate is also expected to promote and practice all aspects of Accenture’s leadership DNA (innovate for results, advocate an inspiring vision, collaborate across the ecosystem, execute with agility, and personalize in a truly human way).
Interested candidates should apply, providing an English language resume.
As part of the Clients & Contracting functional group (“tower”) within Accenture’s global Data Privacy team, the role has the following data privacy responsibility:
- Conduct privacy reviews for Accenture’s client facing services, offerings, projects, products or initiatives, incorporating data privacy principles into those initiatives.
- Partner and interact with key business stakeholders and senior individuals within Legal, to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new services, offerings, projects, products and initiatives.
- Provide data privacy advice to the Accenture services, offerings, projects, products or initiatives, in support of rapid-solutioning to meet identified client needs. Provide oversight of related data privacy contractual provisions into complex agreements with clients and third party suppliers.
- When necessary, support and negotiate complex client facing privacy-related documents such as data processing agreements, data transfer agreements and data protection clauses.
- Conduct legal research, interpret and apply a risk-based assessment of how legal requirements affect Accenture’s new services, offerings, projects, products or initiatives.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact, develop guidance, training and thought leadership for internal audiences.
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in particular with legal and business teams, and interaction with clients, as needed.
- Effectively collaborate with a team of data privacy and other legal professionals and business teams in remote locations, providing advice and guidance in an engaged, business focused and pragmatic manner.
- JD or equivalent law degree (based on geography) and be an admitted lawyer.
- CIPP/CIPM/CIPT or comparable privacy certification would be considered a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a global data privacy function with EU experience, preferably in a major law firm and/or multinational corporation.
- Experience and expertise with conducting privacy reviews.
- Data privacy contract drafting, reviewing and negotiating experience.
- Prior experience in structuring and providing data privacy legal guidance to business units engaged in providing client facing services, offerings, projects, products or initiatives.
- Knowledge of and experience in monitoring privacy trends and developments and translating those into actionable requirements.
- Ability to work remotely, be self-organized and self-manage own workload and schedule.
- Experience with effectively managing remote resources would be beneficial.
- Strong project management and organizational skills would be considered a plus.
- Travel required as needed (usually <5%).
- Must have ability to effectively work with others remotely, manage a schedule with global clients, conduct privacy reviews and engage in contract negotiation.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated command of data privacy, data security and related laws and regulations with a curiosity for learning about new technology.
- Proven ability to develop vision, operationalize and implement strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess trends and developments in data privacy, explain issues in a practical, results focused manner.
- Ability to synthesize complex legal data privacy analysis into clear recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions, and possess a high level of common sense, including the ability to see around the corner and spot risks before they materialize.
- Strong verbal, written and people skills with the ability to interface, and develop relationships, with all levels of management and staff, and work cross-culturally.
- Confidence and credibility in dealing with internal management and personnel at client and peer companies.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate company vision and policy, and to seek out areas of risk and priority.
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and prioritize.
- Builds and maintains a network of good working relationships both internally and externally;
- Adapts nimbly to changing needs within the business.
- Experience in leading / managing a team a plus.
- Fluent in English.
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.